Media Design

Semester 4

Final Grade: A

Content includes:

5 Design phases showing the development progress for the following:

Mission Statements, Logos, Fonts, Mood Photos, Character Illustrations, Vehicle Wraps, Billboard Advertisements, Printed/Magazine Advertisements, Commercial Storyboards, Packaging Designs, and Interactive Applications.

Summary notes from class textbook “Zag,” by Marty Newmeyer.
4th Design phase’s critiques from random audiences
5th Design phase’s critiques from 2 local professional business designers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Billboard Design 3


Design 3

1 comment:

  1. Billboards are tricky. I often find myself critiquing them as I drive by. Two things that are commonly done wrong on billboards in my opinion: 1. They are too difficult to read or understand. 2. Not interesting enough, and it doesn't get you to remember what was said.

    In my opinion you have too much on this billboard. Also, how is this going to drive people to buy your product (no web address to visit, and or no memorable statement that will make me want to look up the product online or at the store.)

    Since you have a company that 95% of the world has probably never heard of before you have a very difficult task. My personal opinion would be, do a billboard that grabs peoples attention, and gets them asking, what was that about, so they research it further. When they go to a web site, then they can learn about how these games are family friendly. But I would try to make it look cool and desirable, and not worry about telling the story of what the company is all about on the billboard. Just my opinion. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete